Hours of Operation
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Clerks office is located on the main floor of Village Hall, and is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Village Clerk is appointed to a two year term and has custody of all Village records, papers, books and communications, as well as the reports and communications of the Board of Trustees. She attends all meetings of the Board of Trustees, serves as Clerk of the Board, and maintains records of the meetings.
The Clerks office issues various licenses and permits including annual parking permits for the Village Green and Bridge Street Lots, peddlers permits, film permits, street opening permits, leaf blower permits and dumpster permits.
The Vital Statistics office is also part of the Clerks office. The Registrar of Vital Records maintains and issues certified copies of birth and death records of the Village. The Village Clerk is also the Freedom of Information Officer and processes all requests for records under the Freedom of Information Law.
The Village Clerk acts as the Deputy Treasurer, in the absence of the Village Treasurer. The incumbent in the position, Barbara A. Berardi has been Village Clerk since 2006.
|Barbara A. Berardi||Village Clerk||(914) 693-1550 x120|
Frequently Asked Questions
- No, we do not process Marriage Licenses at Village Hall. You can contact Town of Greenburgh Clerk’s Office at 989-1500.
- Where do I get information or file grievances and Small Claims Assessment Review (SCAR)?
- Do I need a garage sale permit?
- Can I park my vehicle at the McDowell Park and take the bus to the Hartsdale Train Station?
- How do I file a FOIL (Freedom of Information) request?